Wednesday, December 15, 2010

What not to lose!

My address book is hiding - I know I used it in February 2010 - but I haven't seen it since writing out birthday cards early in the year. I suppose it's possible that I recycled it or even put it with the household waste - I've searched in all the obvious places and the not so obvious places but it remains stubbornly out of sight.
I've adopted a lined notebook and made a temporary replacement for the missing book but it is no substitute for the real thing. Writing Christmas cards is taking ages because I am having to ask relations and friends to send me addresses to fill in the gaps in knowledge. That works for most of the missing information but not all.
How do you let people know that you haven't forgotten them and that your reason for not sending a card is that you've lost their address?
When I have plenty of time I think I'll put that sort of information on the PC - it will be more difficult to lose that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That does sound like such a bother. I hope you get all sorted out eventually. Sometimes I lose things and I'm amazed when they eventually show up. We lost the cat's hairbrush (and it was a really effective, slightly expensive one) when we moved to Miami. Andrew found it in a box of his tools last time he was here, six months later. I was glad we hadn't bought a new one.

Bernice said...

Since I have gmail I have put all my contacts on their contact list. It does take time to do it and I try to remember to update it with new information. Gerry and I are now looking for our tools to clean the ashes out of the wood stove we bought. He accuses me of giving it to the thrift store (maybe I did) but I am not ready to buy a new set. (I blame it on my age whenever I can)