Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Just a brief blog



Today B. travelled from Wallasey to Stafford as she had a dental check-up.  She’d arranged to meet up with a friend later in the evening and wanted to shop at the supermarket as well, so we invited her out for a pub meal at a nearby hostelry that serves food all day.  We knew we had time to fit this in her busy schedule.  We placed our order at the bar and waited for the meal to be served.  When it arrived they had made a mistake and brought one meal that we hadn’t chosen.  I said I would have the meal they had prepared as long as they adjusted the price because I had paid for a more expensive option. (I really didn’t mind as it was a meal I have ordered on previous occasions).  They offered to replace the meal but I said I was happy to eat what had been cooked, so they apologised profusely and refunded the cost of the meal.  
I ate for free - that’s the sort of mistake I don’t mind.

2 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Indeed! What a deal!

alexis said...

that is great service. Would never happen in Amsterdam!