Thursday, June 14, 2012

Long time no post -and the weather

Well it's been six months almost since I put anything on the blog - life's been busy but now I have completed my course work and the exam for my latest OU course I really have no reason not to put something together for the blog.
The UK summer is dismal so far - torrential rain and much cooler than normal temperatures  - it suits the weeds in the garden but means that the veg patch is more neglected than it should be.  One success - I picked the first ripe strawberry today - F and I will feast on it tonight.  There are lots of green strawberries waiting to ripen but they need a good spell of sunshine before they are ready to be harvested.  I might have to search out some recipes for unripe strawberries if the weather doesn't improve soon. Are there such recipes?
It certainly wasn't very kind for the Queen's Jubilee Celebrations but it didn't stop the crowds turning out to cheer.  Hopefully the weather will be better before the Olympics and that we shall enjoy an Indian Summer in October.

2 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Oh, a half a strawberry per person is not a very big harvest. Come to Miami - we have lots of sunshine!

Anonymous said...

Glad you got the exam out of the way. How long before the next course?