Sunday, March 6, 2016

Please excuse my grubby windows

The green woodpecker has visited our garden again, so I think he is local rather than passing through.

I happened to glance through my kitchen window and there he was, tucking into an apple.  I dashed to get my camera from another room and this time he stayed long enough for me to take a few pictures.

I didn't dare to open the kitchen door because the noise would have scared him away, so with help from F who pulled open a couple of slats in the venetian blind I was able to get the camera close to the window for the shots.




















Trouble is, my windows are in need of a clean so the photos are a little misty, but there is no mistaking what sort of bird he is.



2 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

I bet he's so pleased to have your apple for dinner. It's so neat that you were able to get pictures of him!

Bernice said...

So pretty. I too grab either a camera or binoculars frequently.