Thursday, February 21, 2013

February is flying by



February is two thirds gone and I haven’t made time to post on the blog.
Well the month is flying by and I seem to be spending a lot of my time helping F with sorting through his research and playing catch up with my Open University Maths Course.  I am enjoying the work but I can’t seem to dedicate enough time to keep up with the pace.  The good thing about the course is that the tutor has the knack of explaining things clearly – that helps when the books are a bit obscure.
So I cheated for Shrove Tuesday – we had pancakes - but for the first time I can remember I used ready made sweet pancakes, tinned red cherry fruit pie filling and ready made ice cream a copy of the pancakes they serve at the Little Chef. They were ready with no effort and of course I didn’t have much clearing away and washing dishes.  They tasted quite good, but next year I shall be going back to making them from scratch.
Also – good news – my car got though its MOT with no real problems, so that makes it legal to keep on the road for another twelve months.  It has 102,000 miles on the clock – a mere junior compared to some Audis I have read about!  They garage suggested I might consider new number plates, but I like the antique ones they already have – original to the car so I shall be keeping them.

1 comment:

Bernice said...

Glad the car passed the inspection. We deal with that here also. Gerry's Audi has 210,00 so we cross our fingers (every 2 years here).